ANSTHRLD - Hellloooooo. . . . .

S Friedemann RandomSF at wctc.net
Mon Sep 14 12:38:57 PDT 1998

>This month I have posted a challenge in the shire. Anyone who can
>produce a reasonable attempt of a blazon I will personally pay for a
>name, badge, or device submission. The blazon is from the song "The
>Herald's Complaint"
>
>__A dove displayed on a billet chequey Or and Gules between two
>cockatrices garbed in motley like a fool's, their feathers dimidiated
>with a tree eradicated, limbed and fruited counter-compony.__

Actually, an emblazon of this device was included with the original LoAR
that it was registered on.  The LoAR plus the poem are up on Laurel's web
site, and the emblazon will be joining them someday.

Aryanhwy, who typed in the LoAR for that month, and was rather amazed at
that picture.  In fact. . .I think I still have it somewhere.  If I find it,
I'll scan it in and send it to you.