ANSTHRLD - Question

tmcd@crl.com tmcd at crl.com
Sat Apr 17 05:51:52 PDT 1999

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Ldy. Laron <laron at mmind.net> wrote:
> I have a question.  I need to know how many copies of submissions I
> need, black&white, And color.  Also the costs. . . Just give me
> everything so I have a future reference. . . .

I was about to post a reflexive "That varies from kingdom to kingdom;
check with your kingdom submissions heralds" until I noticed that this
was Ansteorran Heralds', not SCA Heralds'.

See, for example, the March or April Ansteorran Gazette (I presume
others too).  If you're not getting the Ansteorran Gazette and you're
a branch herald, you need to let Obelisk know at obelisk at utulsa.edu .

On page one on the right is "Please remember that the 'magic numbers'
(costs of submission and numbers of copies) are always included under
Who Sends What to Whom on the back cover.".  I just noticed this
yesterday; shows how much I"VE been paying attention.

On the back cover is "Remember: All submissions are $9 (U.S.) each.
For Name Submissions 3 copies of the form and documentation are to be
sent to Asterisk, 1 copy is to be retained by the branch herald, and 1
copy is given to the submitter.  For Device/Badge Submissions send 4
colored and 2 non-colored copies to Asterisk, 1 of each is retained by
the branch herald, and 1 of each is given to the submitter.  All money
(including Gazette subscriptions) and all submissions go to Asterisk
Herald."

There are a few amendments that should be made.  All *paid*
submissions are $9 for the client.  Certain submissions are free:
resubs done within 2 years 3 months of return, appeals, changes of
holding name, et cetera.  Submitter funds should go into the branch
bank account and a check drawn for *$8* per paid item payable to "SCA,
Inc. -- Kingdom of Ansteorra", and that sent to Asterisk.

I really should get dressed, get breakfasted, and toddle off to Crown
Tournament, it being 30 minutes away ...

Daniel "*yawn* it's early, I wanna get more sleep *yawn*" de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address, or tmcd at us.ibm.com.
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is a lie.