ANSTHRLD - Achievement correction for latest letter

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Sat Apr 17 05:57:20 PDT 1999

Mistress Alisandre did what any good herald should do.  She sent something
in for submission, then checked the next Gazette to make sure it was entered
correctly.  This is because sometimes the stupid herald can mess things up.

So this is an apology and a correction from the stupid herald, me.  In my
letter in the latest Gazette, it shows:
- -----------
Jan w Orzeldom.  LIVERY: Wine red and dove gray.  HELM: Great helm,
cruciform visor opening, ends flared to cross pateé. CORONET:  Embattled,
charged on each crenellation with a cross pateé. SUPPORTERS: Dexter - A lion
rampant argent. Sinister - An ounce-dragon rampant ermine.

Note: the ounce-dragon is a charge from the household badge of Caer Oncia,
of which the submitter was co-founder.  It is drawn with the front half of a
lion and the back half of a dragon, no wings, barbed tongue.

Two items were left out. It should also show his excellency's crest and
motto:

CREST: A demi-eagle displayed argent, charged on the breast with a rose
purpure, slipped vert, seeded Or.  MOTTO: Silentium Meum Non Consentum Est
([Latin] My silence does not imply consent)

Boy! If you're gonna screw up, do it on a triple peer, former king! And I
STILL cannot get that caret mark over the W in his name...

Ulf Gunnarsson
Stellar Scroll (but its up for grabs...)