ANSTHRLD - Question on CD's

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Aug 19 18:13:04 PDT 1999

> Or, in pale three escallops inverted and on a bend rising sable a
> laurel wreath or.

What's a "bend rising"?  And how are you handing the bend and escallops
both in the middle of the shield?  Is the bend overall?  Did you remember
to point the top of the laurel wreath at dexter chief as it should lie
along the bend, not palewise unless blazoned so?
I was going to second-guess your conflict check (nothing personal, I'm like
that, it's an obsession) but can't parse the blazon.

The laurel wreath always counts.  Period.  Always.
X.3. says that if you're counting two devices, each with the _same_ restricted
charge (laurel wreath, crown, etc.) as primary charge, you can get X.1. or
X.2. difference for secondary charges and pretend the laurel wreath or crown
or whatever isn't there.  That's it.  And it should only be invoked if the
armory cannot be cleared using any other rules.  If you can get the CDs from
X.4. or clear it by X.1. or X.2., pretend X.3. never existed - you don't need
it.

- - Teceangl
- --
         - Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change. -