ANSTHRLD - Semy of Mullets

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Aug 23 16:02:53 PDT 1999

At 05:40 PM 8/23/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello again,
>
>In my eternal search to find arms that I like I'd ask your assistance again
>with conflict checking (I've done as best as I can on it.) and of course if
>you see some sort of insta-boing situation, let me know about that as well.
>
>The blazon is :
>
>Azure, a semy of mullets argent.
>
>This device has a really high garbability ratio (can anyone say block print)
>and is very visually distinctive.

I found the devices listed below my .sig in the online ordinary under
"Mullet - Uncharged - 4 or more - Or".  I'm wondering if Liriel's is a
conflict since it is only the addition of the fox.

And under "Mullet - Uncharged - 4 or more - Argent", there is:
Seitse
Either the name or the following device associated it (or both) were
registered in November of 1973:
Vert, mulletty pierced argent.

Which would conflict with "Azure, mulletty argent", right?

I really wish we could search on "mulletty".  By the way, I like the
device.  Looks way cool.  Hopefully someone with better armory skills than
mine can offer suggestions on how to clear any conflicts.  Maybe a simple
field division with "azure mulletty Or" as one field and "Or" as the other?

Mari

Sternfeld, Barony of
The following device associated with this name was registered in July of
1983 (via the Middle):
Azure, mulletty of four points, on a bend cotissed Or a laurel wreath vert.

Liriel Correll of Tuatha Keep
The following badge associated with this name was registered in August of
1988 (via Calontir):
Azure, mulletty, a fox salient Or.

James Darkstar
The following device associated with this name was registered in March of
1983 (via Atenveldt):
Azure, mulletty, on a pile throughout Or a compass star elongated to base
throughout sable.

Madeleine la Reveuse
Either the name or the following device associated it (or both) were
registered in February of 1980:
Azure, mullety Or, a tower argent within a bordure Or.

Mariah Stern
The following device associated with this name was registered in May of
1988 (via the Middle):
Azure, mullety Or, in pale a rainbow proper and a bath tub Or.

Ioannes Nikaias
The following device associated with this name was registered in January of
1981 (via Atlantia):
Azure, mullety of eight points Or, in chief on a bezant an open book argent
bound sable and in base a flame proper between in fess two Greek oil lamps
respectant Or.

Richard of Castle North
The following device associated with this name was registered in October of
1990 (via Caid):
Azure, mullety of four points Or, a pithon displayed, head to sinister argent.