ANSTHRLD - what about...

Eirik eirik at n-link.com
Mon Aug 23 16:05:12 PDT 1999

> As we set into place the systems to support heraldry in areas that will
> soon have fewer branch officers, how should we encourage new people to
> participate in heraldry? Certainly there will be some who appear ready
> and armed to be a pursuivant, but we will also have many who are not. we
> will need new blood in the college. People who want to learn and lend a
> hand. How do we teach them what they need to know?

Okay, I agree with most of what's been said; however, I believe if you want
to teach more people that a basic heraldry class should be taught in each
region at least once a year. Almost every other office is requiring the
regional officers to teach a class on the basics to run the office in their
region. Some are requiring the classes to be taught at least once a quarter.
I think that we should have a regional symposium in each region at least
once a year. Also the Book of the Herald should be redone and made as simple
as possible. I know the knowledge is out there, it just seems like no one
has gotten the knowledge together and presented it as often as possible. I
don't mean to say that anyone isn't doing the job or has done a bad job.

Eirik