ANSTHRLD - What do we need to know?

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at insurdata.com
Thu Aug 19 14:39:53 PDT 1999

	[Tim Rayburn]  But let us take the example of Ambassador
Extraordinary you gave in support of Extraordinary earlier.  This fictional
person would be sent on a specific mission to a place that does not have a
standing Ambassador.  How is this different from a trained herald (PE
currently) being sent, or requested by, a group such as a Canton who does
not have a Herald to assist with Submissions, or the Field Heraldry at their
event, or to run a Baronial Court because the Baronial Herald couldn't make
the event?  We have a specific event, and we have an office title
Ambassador/Eclipse.  While I realize that to this point Eclipse has been
just one person, that is because in no small part, that Regional Heralds
have been mostly paper-pushers.  What is wrong with having Eclipse Herald
being able to assign an Eclipse Extraordinary, or perhaps better by your
argument Eclipse Pursuivant Extraordinary, to assist our hypothetical
Canton.  I am not saying this is perfect, but it has real promise I think.