ANSTHRLD - What do we need to know?

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 14:08:20 PDT 1999

- --- "Rayburn, Timothy" <TRayburn at insurdata.com> wrote:

> How about they are titled, by region, as Extrodinary.

"Extrodinary"? Oh, Extraordinary.

> For example, a non-Branch herald who has shown skill in the central
> region would be Eclipse Extraordinary.

No, because "extraordinary" applies to a rank, and "Eclipse" is an
office title. There is only one Eclipse.

> His higher up would be, logically, Eclipse Pursuivant (Central
> Regional Herald).

Um? I thought Eclipse was Eclipse Herald? Or have we reverted to the
Silly Old Practice of varying the rank to suit the officeholder rather
than pegging it to the office?

> This both distinguishes them from Pursuivant Extraordinaries, and
> does not SCA-ize them into 'At-Large's. Further it has the added
> bonus of making it clear whenever the title is used which area,
> roughly, they are from.
>
> I like this idea,

I dislike it intensely. "Assistant Eclipse Herald" or "Deputy Eclipse
Herald" would have the same benefits and none of the disadvantages.

Tadhg, Hanaper