ANSTHRLD - What do we need to know?

Eirik eirik at n-link.com
Wed Aug 18 20:16:32 PDT 1999

> First: The format of the rewriten class will not be lecture then have a
> test. It will be a teaching session/workshop where in the instructor will
go
> over the information and work with those taking the class to fillout a
> worksheet, which will remain with the person as sort of a crib note. so
when
> they are acting as a branch officer, should the occaision arise that they
> need the information, they will be able to look back to that worksheet and
> either have the info on hand or know who to call. This class will not only
> be for Baronial officers. though branches below baronial level will soon
no
> longer be required to have a herald, I feel that many will chose to
maintain
> the position on their roster. So the class will also be for warrenting
those
> officers as well.

Very basic starting information should be basic submission process and
requirements, basic event heraldry organization, contact information for
regional officer and Asterisk Herald. If you teach the process of getting a
submission to Asterisk and have them contact the regional herald or Asterisk
for research assistance that would cover getting the submission in. I would
have a basic heraldry handout that the person taking the class could take
with them for reference. It can take quite a while to learn the basic rules
for submission and know them well enough to quote from memory. Also, if you
teach the basic information of what the Event Herald is responsible for and
who to contact for assistance in organizing the heraldry for the event; I
think that most regional heralds will know or be able to arrange for help at
the event. Not everyone is going to want to be the court herald or to do
field heraldry. Most new heralds will have some trouble remembering the
rules for submissions, much less how court is to be run.

Eirik