ANSTHRLD - Semy of Mullets

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Aug 25 08:47:37 PDT 1999

Quite so, Anyanhwy.  I had forgotten about plain tinctures
not being registered or protected.  However, the return was not
for non-period style: anyone with _Simple Heraldry Cheerfully
Illustrated_ can, if I remember aright, find the page whith
the plain-tinctured shields and their bearers in Britain.
For that matter, there's Brittany, "Ermine".

Despite my infelicitous challange -- thank you Aryanhwy and
Tecangl for the counter-examples -- field-only armory is not
per se returned on NPS grounds, and I don't know of a time
when it was.

Daniel de Lincolia
- --
                    *** NEW PERSONAL ADDRESS ***