ANSTHRLD - There's a hole in my research library...

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Wed Feb 24 12:41:16 PST 1999

There's a hole in the bouget, dear Liza, dear Liza...

Joe Wolf wrote:

> Feminine form; sound over spelling; region and time extremely flexible
>
> Kiera McFhlannchaidh
>
> 1st element should be documentable as Irish (feminine of "Kiernan," no?)

Well, except in my limited knowledge gleaned from squinting at
Tangwystyl's learned messages, that's not how the Irish formed feminine
names.  Here's a website with some Gaelic names:

http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/arval/scotgaelfem/

Couldn't find anything more.  I'll look when I get home, if nobody else
jumps in.

Aelfwyn