ANSTHRLD - conflict check

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jan 27 15:49:01 PST 1999

> 2) Per chevron argent and azure, two alligators rampant contourny and a
> tower counterchanged
>
> Might conflict with: Dreiburgen, Barony of
>   Argent, on a pile inverted throughout azure a tower argent.
>
> Definitely one for changing number of primary charge group. Does he get a
> second one for pile throughout versus per chevron?

No, unfortunately.

The rest of your checking is sound.
Might I also suggest the (checked and clear) "Per saltire azure and argent,
in fess two alligators rampant contourny and in pale two towers
counterchanged", "Per pale azure and argent, two alligators rampant contourny
and a tower counterchanged", and "Azure, on a pale between two alligators
rampant contorney argent a tower azure"?  Stuff around a bend sinister or
partitioned bend sinisterwise seems way too overused and your client's first
instincts were toward better field divisions.  Encourage him.

- - Teceangl
- --
Americans complain when the government interferes with their lives, but
then yell even louder when the government doesn't interfere with others'
in order to protect them.