ANSTHRLD - Easy Conflict Check, please

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Thu Oct 7 13:38:33 PDT 1999

>Oh ... and I'm still looking for a resource out there for Czech
>(Bohemian) last name practices.  Specifically Czech, not German, and
>from around the time period of 1390-1410.  The client has a documented
>first name, but does not even have examples on which to hypothesize a
>period last name.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything on Czech bynames.

However, the Academy of Saint Gabriel has begun accepting inquiries again.
This looks like a question that you may want to route their way.

The URL for their home page is:

     http://www.s-gabriel.org/

The information on the home pages is very helpful in understanding the
services that the Academy offers.  If you haven't already done so, you will
want to read it before submitting a question to the Academy.

The Academy prefers for questions to come directly from the person who is
interested in the name.  If that person does not have email access, you can
send their question to the Academy for them.  When asking the question in
that case, it's helpful to say that you are asking for so-and-so because
they don't have email access.

FYI:  If you end up using an Academy report as part of the documentation
for an SCA name submission, please include a printout of the final Academy
report in the documentation attached to the name form.  This is also
summarized on their home page.

Hope this helps,

Mari

Lady Mari Elspeth nic Bryan