ANSTHRLD - Easy Conflict Check, please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Oct 7 21:11:58 PDT 1999

> Gules, a spider tergiant argent.

Relevant precedent:
    [T]here is a CD for ... the differences between a spider and an ant.
    While we would probably not grant sufficient difference between the
    two, when they are used as the primary charge, a CD can be granted.
    [2/94, p.6]

That's the last I found on insects/bugs/arachnids/arthropods or whatever
they're calling them in heraldry these days.

Therefore, against SkallaGormr Berserkr - December of 1998 (via the Middle):
Per pale sable and azure, a cockroach argent.  One CD for changes to the
field, one CD for type of crawlie.

Then, against Fevronia Murometsa - February of 1981 (via Atlantia):
Gules, a cockroach [Periplaneta americana] tergiant erect sable, fimbriated
argent.  One CD for tincture of the crawlie.  Another for type?  Probably.

However, against Isabella Agnes van Lichtervelde - February of 1994 (via Caid):
Per chevron vert and purpure, a spider argent.  One CD for changes to the
field.  Conflict.  (Reading too fast, weren't you?  That's why LOTS of people
conflict checking is a Good Thing.  I miss stuff often enough to know.)

- - Teceangl
- --
      Conflict checker to knaves, knights, kings, and all between.