ANSTHRLD - Grant question

R. Smith superboy at lsh.org
Wed Oct 13 21:12:38 PDT 1999

On 13 Oct 99, at 22:59, Amanda Lewanski wrote:

> Why is the Lion of Ansteorra on there at all? It is an award that
> confers no precedence; as such, it has no place on an Order of
> Precedence. Only orders conferring precedence should be listed. OPs
> don't HAVE to show every kingdom order. Placing it at the end like that
> gives an incorrect impression of the award--and don't give me "everyone
> knows," lots of people outside the kingdom who might refer to our OP
> would have no idea. This holds true, by the way, of any other awards
> conferring no precedence; they shouldn't be listed on an OP. They can
> appear in a kingdom awards list, which is different.

Because it is not entirely correct to say that it conveys no
precedence; it is non-armigerous, which is not the same thing.
The Lion, and other honors such as the Motley Sash, Queen's
Rapier, et al, DO convey precedence; the bearer of a kingdom
honor such as these would come before someone with no awards
at all in precedence, just as is suggested by the list in question.

Chandranath Mitra
Herald, Shire of Mooneschadowe