ANSTHRLD - Precedence Question

jruble jruble at napa-bbi.com
Mon Oct 25 07:53:19 PDT 1999

Daniel wrote:
> SCA offices do not convey armigerous status in and of themselves, so
> "Lord / Lady" is incorrect.  In particular, the College of Heralds and

I stand corrected.  Thank you, Daniel.

I've also discussed this Viscount matter with a few others, and their
opinion is "It would just be simple courtesy to let the viscounts march
where their barons would normally march."  These folks were fairly strong
in their opinion, and felt that my solution (having the viscounts march
behind the landed nobility but before the peers) was a slight to the
position that the viscounts were filling.

I know what I think is right, but the whole reason we develop protocol is
to prevent argument over who marches where, or sits closest to the salt,
or whatever.  Did anyone else have a different opinion on viscounties than
me, or was the reaction I faced a localized one?

Ulf Gunnarsson