ANSTHRLD - Grant question

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Oct 14 08:32:08 PDT 1999

Amy & Bill Morris <awmorris at flash.net> wrote:
> Does the order of march in Ansteorra exactly follow the Order of
> Precedence?

So far as I know.  Marches of Precedence are done so rarely of
late that I've only seen one (there was a burst of them a few
years ago; I saw the Bjornsborg Lyonesse one).

> As to the posted order.  It says that a citizen of the principality
> of Ansteorra who received a kingdom AoA would rank below the
> Ansteorran who received who received a kingdom AoA after we became a
> kingdom.  Isn't this a mistake?

If anyone has an old "Order of Precedence" (1994 or so?), there should
be a table in the back listing the real Order of Precedence and there
should be no further discussion of the correct order (except to slot
in new award names).  Anyone have one?

It would not surprise me if an Atenveldt-Ansteorran AoA were below an
Ansteorran AoA; as I recall, foreign awards in general have a level
below Ansteorran ones.  I consider it a "mistake" in the sense of "I
think it's a little bit silly to rank principality awards below
Ansteorran ones, or really even non-Ansteorran awards from similar
ones from Ansteorra", but as to whether it's an error of fact I wot
not.

Daniel de Lincolia
- --
                    *** NEW PERSONAL ADDRESS ***