ANSTHRLD - Grant question

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Fri Oct 15 10:21:25 PDT 1999

>> No offense to either, but as entertaining as it may be to watch y'all
>> wrangle, given the escalation of acrimonious comments, y'all might
>> want to take it to private email instead of a public quarrel if you
>> plan to go on.
>
>I was under the impression that two officers of arms discussing matters
>relating to an Ansteorran order is one of the reasons for which
>ANSTHRLD exists.

Yes it does.  However, the signal to noise ratio of this discussion has
dropped considerably.  I found the discussion of comparing Ansteorran
practices compared to other kingdoms to be quite interesting (as I've lived
in four kingdoms).  But we seem to have passed from discussing new points.

>When did this list become AElfwyn's Private
>Playground? If you don't want to particpate in the discussion, feel
>free to hit the DELETE key.

And neither is it anyone else's Private Ranting Ground.  AElfwyn's request
was made quite politely and is quite reasonable given the direction this
topic seems to be going.  Your response was ungentlemanly and uncalled for.

I have seen heralds do a wonderful job of projecting courtly manners at
events, especially Royal Courts.  We have done a wonderful job of employing
those same manners in this forum in the past.  I would request that we
continue to do so.

I also would request that anyone who wants to flame me for this message
please do so in private email and spare the list the bandwidth.

Lady Mari Elspeth nic Bryan
Bordure Herald, Kingdom of Ansteorra