ANSTHRLD - Name Submission Question

Riane de Cygne rianed at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 16:51:54 PDT 1999

As per request:

    The given name the client has been going by is Evets ( his mundane name
backwards). He is very attached to the name. His chosen persona is German
(any acceptable time frame will do). His chosen surname is "von
Drachenklaue" ( name taken from a German soldier who became the emperor of
Byzantium in the 8th century).
    The name I suggested to him was "Veit" (1558) found in Medieval German
Given Names from Silesia: Men's Names by Talan Gwynek. However I did let the
client know that he had the option of registering a byname that was closer
to the one he is attached to.
    Reaney & Wilson (p.157) lists Evatt, Evett, Evetts, Evitt,and Evitts,
but gives Euota (1317), Evette(1420), Euote (1295), Evett (1555), and Evatts
(1624). However they are feminine English given names. Although he was less
than thrilled about registering a feminine name he wanted to keep Evets. I
did let him know there was a possibility that the name might be returned;
and that he might have more luck with "Veit" and go by Evets amongst his
friends, after all he wouldn't be the first to do such a thing.
     The question he asked was could he attempt to register
"Evets von Drachenklaue" as his primary choice and submit an alternative
"Veit von Drachenklaue" at the same time on the off chance that Evets would
not pass.
                                                  Thanks,
                                                      Riane