ANSTHRLD - OT: Monty Python's Fliegender Zirkus

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Thu Apr 13 20:12:53 PDT 2000

This is completely off-topic for any heraldic list.  I am a *bad*,
*bad* man.  Mistress Jaelle will be punishing me momentarily.

http://www.guerilla.u-net.com/mp/fz.htm is a Web page for Guerilla
Films.  One thing they are offering is "Monty Python's Fliegender
Zirkus", two MP episodes that were filmed for German television in
1971 and 1972.  The first one is in German ("What English scripts?
I was told you all speak German.") with English subtitles.  The second
is in English.  Some skits are from the series, some later were done
at the Hollywood Bowl, some are unique.

'Graham Chapman said of the programmes: "It was probably a stage
further than any of the BBC TV shows in terms of absurdity and
peculiar starts, and it lacked any sort of thread to keep the audience
sane."'

'"The happiest event since the invention of brain surgery." -- Pisso
the Alcoholic Dog'

It is available by mail order only, in VHS NTSC (US and anywhere
civilized) and VHS PAL (anywhere civilised).  With Visa, MasterCard,
JCB, or Switch, it's #10.99 with free air-mail shipping and handling.
At current exchange rates, that's US$17.50.  (It's $28 by cheque.)

That Web page again: http://www.guerilla.u-net.com/mp/fz.htm

Daniel "yah dee buckety, rum ping kadoo, ni ni ni, yaaoooo!" de Lincolia

(Note: I am well aware of the original meaning of "momentarily" and
that the US is excluded from both.)
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.