ANSTHRLD - Documentation help...

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Wed Apr 19 12:45:00 PDT 2000

Cahira wrote:

> I am the (relatively) new herald in Bonwicke and know
> almost nothing as of yet.  One of the people in my
> barony is trying to document her name, and I don't
> know where to look to help her. The name is Katarina
> and if it helps, she has a French persona.  Anything
> you can give me would be wonderful and greatly
> appreciated.

Generally speaking, French feminine names end in -e and not -a.  Modern
French uses "C" for the "K" sound, but Teceangl was able to supply
several examples beginning with "K" so you should be all set.

Nothing in Dauzat's "Noms de Personne" that's close.  Lots of other
"Catherine" variants.

--Perronnelle

--
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
longer.  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson