ANSTHRLD - Opinions Please

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Apr 5 12:06:57 PDT 2000

Francois wrote:
> I would like to see a hunting horn as part of the design, that has always
> seemed more like the symbol of a huntsman to me.

Amen.  Further, how many *other* danglies in Ansteorra have
"a mullet of five greater and five lesser points" as the major element
of the design?  It's almost as boring as "Dragon's X" used in
Midrealm awards, or "Griffin's X" in western areas, or "X Keep".

> I dont think the ring of pheons will work
> because of identifiablity.

Amen.  It looked like some sort of engrailed voided mullet.
Further, I don't see how to blazon it.  For "a mullet of five
pheons", I was expecting the shafts of the pheons to be meeting in
the middle and not necessarily the corners meeting.

For the "two arrows in saltire" / "a sheaf of three arrows":
that's overdone too.

> Doesn't have to be fieldless.

"Royal Huntsman" is an award, right?  (Oughta be handled as
a *job*, grumble grumble.)  There are examples of positions
held by a single person having fielded arms (the Marshal of the HRE
with the (in)famous crossed swords, for example, or any number
of bishophrics), but I think it really ought to be fieldless.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)