ANSTHRLD - Horn as badge

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Apr 6 16:20:11 PDT 2000

Francois wrote:
> One suggestion that was received
> was "a hunters horn Or"   I would suggest banded and strapped sable, also.

Some heraldic fru-fru (a technical term, of course; these are
highly-trained stunt heralds on a closed list field) gets blazoned
even when worth no difference, but some gets stripped by Laurel (e.g.,
"a fleur-de-lys florencee", "armed and langued").

Some registered examples:
6/95, Andreas Tillman von Severin: "a hunting horn ... gules stringed azure"
5/87, Anna Georgievna of Kiev: "garnished".
8/87, Arthur Lacey: "banded".
5/92, Baldred Elphinstone of Torwood: "stringed and banded".
2/82, Diego Mundox: "unstrung".
2/87, Garth ap Collin: "three h.h. in annulo sable, bowed Or".
9/83, Karl Silverhorn: "stringed and lipped".
7/86, Landolf Witkowski: "garnished" and "stringed" in sep. tinct.

There are a few more examples of "stringed" not cited.  I'd say we
have some choice of terms and a decent case to ask Laurel to keep such
heraldic fru-fru (don't try this term at home).

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)