ANSTHRLD - submission question (Sla'ine)

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Apr 10 01:30:08 PDT 2000

> The badge has changed to "Or, a wolf couchant reguardant gules
> maintaining in its mouth a sword fesswise proper".  Will that work
> on an Or background?  Or would fieldless be better?  Also, her
> original drawing had the tail erect -- I'm not sure if that should be
> explicitly blazoned, or changed (no definition of 'couchant' I can find
> references the tail at all).

Fieldless.  Not for style problems, but to clear conflict.
"Or, a wolf couchant reguardant gules maintaining in its mouth a sword
fesswise proper" is in conflict with James the Fox - July of 1971:
Or, a fox rampant guardant gules.
Only one CD for posture change.

However, if you remove the field you have the second, and clearing, CD.
Nothing else would seem to conflict with "A wolf couchant reguardant gules
maintaining in its mouth a sword fesswise proper" as a fieldless badge.

- Teceangl
--
                Gwell car yn y llys nag aur ar fys