ANSTHRLD - submission question (Sla'ine)

Jennifer Smith jds-emma at operamail.com
Fri Apr 7 11:28:37 PDT 2000

> There are several slightly different forms she can choose that are
> registerable.  Do you know what's most important to her (sound, meaning,
> language/culture, time period, etc.)?  Her preferences will indicate what
> direction she should go with this name.  Whether to change it to an
> Anglicized form, to change the patronymic particle <Mac> to <ingen>
> 'daughter' (this is the early spelling, <inghean> is the later spelling),
> whether to change the particle to <ingen meic> or <inghean meic>, etc.

Thanks to both you and Kathri for help with this.  I don't know (yet)
what form she plans to register -- I'll get that from her Tuesday.  I
can guarantee she wants the "Sl[a']ine", but am not sure of the
rest.

The badge has changed to "Or, a wolf couchant reguardant gules
maintaining in its mouth a sword fesswise proper".  Will that work
on an Or background?  Or would fieldless be better?  Also, her
original drawing had the tail erect -- I'm not sure if that should be
explicitly blazoned, or changed (no definition of 'couchant' I can find
references the tail at all).

-Emma

--
Jennifer Smith