ANSTHRLD - Bar sinisters in this ILOI

Doug Bell debell at txcyber.com
Wed Dec 13 12:37:50 PST 2000

Daniel

I agree that single bendlets are returnable.  The device is
also extremely complex and busy.  However, could we solve
the problem with the bendlet sinister by making it a baton
sinister?

At one time baton sinisters were prohibited charges:
"Examples of charges that nobody in the SCA may use are:
a baton sinister (reserved to the British royal family).
WVS [53] [RfS 1 Oct 81], p. 11

The only two registrations in the last 20 years.
Angus MacMichael
The following device associated with this name
was registered in June of 1986 (via Caid):
Quarterly embattled argent and sable, a baton sinister
Or between two roses gules, barbed and seeded proper.
Aaron of Skorpios
The following device associated with this name
was registered in August of 1987 (via the East):
Sable, a scorpion bendwise argent, transfixed
by a baton sinister Or.

No other comment by Laurel since 1981.  Looks like
it was quietly dropped.

Could this solution work?

Magnus von Lubeck
Armillary