ANSTHRLD - Re: Basic Needs

Stephen Macthomas macthomas at ev1.net
Thu Dec 21 12:57:31 PST 2000

Etienne comments ...

> I thought chocolate was the substitute substance for lack of
> heraldry, beer, or sex.  Is it possible to have all four and live
> through the experience?

I wish to add coffee to the list, and state that it's possible to live through all five at once, having tried it on a dare.  (I not only won the dare but had my challengers cover the cost of the ER visit and subsequent therapy.)  While doing this, my fellow explorers and I discovered the following combinations.  (I'm leaving out the non-heraldry ones to keep it relevant, whatever that means.)

Heraldry and beer:  Good combination, pretty natural.
Heraldry and sex:  Weird, but the neighbors were amused by the change from OH YES! to OYEZ!
Heraldry and chocolate:  Not just natural, but necessary.
Heraldry and coffee:  See heraldry and chocolate, circa 1:30 am day of deadline.
Heraldry, beer and sex:  Strangely enough, adding the beer made this one feel more natural.
Heraldry, beer and chocolate:  Ick.  So far, testers have found neither beer or chocolate strong enough.
Heraldry, beer and coffee:  Weird.  Best for marathon consulting sessions in or near the privy.
Heraldry, sex and chocolate:  The line between heraldry and sex was blurred by the chocolate.
Heraldry, sex and coffee:  Best for marathon consulting sessions, in or near the bedroom.
Heraldry, chocolate and coffee:  Very flavorful; we tended to levitate with smiles on our faces.
Heraldry, beer, sex and chocolate:  We found this to be a better combination when done one after the other in one session, rather than all at once.  (We also found that beer with a chocolate chaser works better than chocolate with a beer chaser, but we discovered that heraldry had nothing to do with this preference.  Interestingly, we found that there is a proportional number of submitters that will prefer this combination and submit things like "Quarterly ermine and ermines, a lion rampant counterchanged.".)
Heraldry, beer, sex and coffee:  Best for marathon consulting sessions, IN the bedroom, NEAR the privy.
Heraldry, beer, chocolate and coffee:  We found this combination lent itself to naturally exclude sex for some reason.
Heraldry, sex, chocolate and coffee:  Our testers are still drifting off during plenary meetings and e-mail sessions remembering our testing of this one ... mmm ...

Where was I?  Oh, right ...

Heraldry, beer, sex, chocolate and coffee:  The ER staff reported that in between bouts of nausea and caffeine jitters, we kept howling with laughter and screaming (in our best camp herald's voice) "She might have just had an AoA, but she was a Mistress tonight!!!"  Then they pumped our stomachs, slapped us around a couple times and told us never to get sick in their town again.

Stephen