ANSTHRLD - first draft of new web page layout....

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Fri Feb 18 07:49:44 PST 2000

Bordelon, Wendel wrote:

> OK, if you promise to be nice,

Who, us??

  What I want in constructive critisism about the usefulness of
> the page layout.

My first reaction was that it looked really easy to use and set out so
you can see the overall organization on the first page without
scrolling--a personal preference of mine.

>  Are there things that need to be there that are not and
> is there something on the main page that does not need to be there?

I'd just link to one FAQ page and when it gets big enough, put links on
a main FAQ to subheadings.  Now I guess we need to figure out the FAQ's
that aren't covered in the other things.   It seems that, at least at
first, we want to address things that the non-herald/new herald will
want to see:  how to be a herald, what is a herald, how to start looking
for a name (making sure we tell them NO Hanks & Hodges, etc.), how to
find a herald.  If you'd like, and you can wait a week or so, I'll be
glad to do a first discussion draft.

We also will want a links page: to CoA/Laurel's page, to the heraldry
sites on other Kingdoms, and the most popular links folks have, like the
Gabriel Library and Arval's Names site.

AElfwyn