ANSTHRLD - Augmentations and the OP

Amanda Lewanski editor at texas.net
Mon Jan 24 09:24:49 PST 2000

tmcd at jump.net wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Lorraine and/or Kief <deer_kief at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > And wasn't Jan's [augmentation] Bjornsborg specific?
>
> Yes.  No.  Undefined.  Mu.
>
> Augmentations are not "specific" in the sense that you only have it
> while residing in such-and-so a place.  You cannot register an
> augmentation of SCA branch arms.  The *reason* for the Crown giving
> you an augmentation may be "specific", in the sense that you got it
> because you were so useful to them, and I think Jan's augmentation was
> largely for the reason of service to Bjornsborg.

Daniel is correct. The usual recognition for a baron/baroness stepping down is a
court barony, but Jan was already of a higher rank than court baronage. Since he
had just about everything else, the Crown gave him an augmentation in
recognition of his service to the kingdom as Baron of Bjornsborg.

--Alisandre, who did the scroll