ANSTHRLD - Input - officers job description - Clarification

Ray Smith rayasmith at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 21:39:44 PST 2000

Greetings once more to all my fellow heralds.  I
apologize if my earlier missive seemed rather rushed
or curt - I was down to my last two minutes on the
library's computer and wanted to get it off ASAP.
Here's a little clarification on what I'm working with
upstairs.
This is what I know/suspect so far
- I'm responsible for processing all name/device/badge
submissions in the barony.  Each device/badge
submission requires 5(?) copies in color and 5(?)
line-drawing copies, and each name submission requires
5(?) copies w/documentation.  Each new submission
costs $9; re-submissions are free.  One copy of each
submission stays in the baronial herald's files; all
others (with payment from the reeve/exchecquer) goes
to the regional herald (I think; or is it kingdom?)

- No documentation is required for devices or badges
(except possibly to show that a creature such as a
Virginia opossum or an alligator was known in period).
Name submissions, I believe require documentation to
show that each element of the name was used in period,
in the form and combination style used in the
submission.  If cross-cultural/linguistic names are
submitted (such as Sean Ghandhi), documentation must
show that the cultures had appropriate contact in
period.

That's all I can think of top of my head.  Any
corrections, elaborations, or additional information
will be of great value.

Yours in service,
 Andre de Chartres

=====
"Everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world."