ANSTHRLD - Galen's Augmentation

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Fri Jan 21 05:09:46 PST 2000

Daniel wrote as the possible blazon:
>    Gules, a bend wavy between two double bitted axes or, as an
>    augmentation on the bend in chief a mullet of five greater and
>    five lesser points sable.

I was there for the consultation and I think Daniel's point here is
correct.  Rather than "in canton", "on the bend in chief" is more
appropriate as it distinguishes between a star on the bend and one overall.
Tressure Herald has the black-and-white form which was drawn up for
Viscount Galen.  Darius (or Rosalia), did you catch this since the blazon
is different than what is written on the form?

Seigneur Etienne
Obelisk Herald