ANSTHRLD - Conflict checks please

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Sat Jul 1 22:21:04 PDT 2000

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Rod Jackson <culn97 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Caitlin MacCaba MacCullough
>     "Per chevron pean and sable, a chevron throughout and in base a
>     snowflake Or."
> She would like to change it to --
>     "Per chevron pean and AZURE, a chevron throughout and in base a
>     snowflake ARGENT."

"Your Honor, I'd like to change my name."
"What's your current name?"
"Harvey Lipshitts."
"Hmmm.  I see why you want to change it.  What new name do you want?"
"Henry Lipshitts."

Snowflakes are unattested in period armory -- in fact, I think the
current depiction is unknown until modern times -- and thus in general
it would be returned.  However, the charge is grandfathered to this
submitter.  I didn't check conflicts.

> The second is Theodric Afhaims who bears --
>     "Per pale sable and gules, a fret between four double-bitted
>     axes argent."
> He would like to change it to --
>     "Per pale sable and gules, a fret argent."

Conflict with Meredudd Brangwyn, 4/97, "Per saltire gules and pean, a
fret argent.", with 1 CD for the field.

If you want to e-mail her at dpoole1 at airmail.net, you may be able to
negotiate a letter of permission.  Considering that she's the new
Asterisk Herald, who handles internal submissions and thus would rule
first upon this change, I really don't think much of your chances of
slipping it by.

Daniel "unfortunately, he stole the sheriff's car" de Lincolia, who is
now thru the 1991 AGs in his quest to document the names, uses, and
occupants of the Ansteorran CoA staff and regional heralds (did you
know that Asterisk at one time was Southern Regional?)
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.