ANSTHRLD - Re: change of position

ceryndip at juno.com ceryndip at juno.com
Tue Jul 11 08:04:32 PDT 2000

Daniel de Lincolia says:
>Please give the exact devices.  I'd really appreciate it, myself.
>We can tell whether they're clear or not.  We might also spot
>problems, blazon questions, style suggestions if the client is
>willing to consider alternatives, et cetera.

Ok, here's the whole history:

The client in this case is me, I can get other people's stuff passed,
it's just my stuff that gets returned <G> This was originaly submitted in
Dec 98, one month before I became the shire herald. It was returned in
May of 99. The reason for the return  has been solved by the removal of
the bordure. I'm glad I waited to resubmit, now that I've been at this
for 18 months, I can actually be semi conversant about it. I will
consider variations on the theme. I really like the simplicity of this
design.

The device I originally wanted was:

Azure, a schnecke issuant from a dexter base argent.

The consulting herald who submitted it for me felt that it would conflict
with this device registered in Jan of 97:
Sable, a schnecke issuant from dexter chief argent.

So we added a bordure also in argent which caused the return. I don't
want an or bordure with an argent schnecke. I don't like the way that
looks at all.

I searched Online SCA Ordinary and found only one other device with
schnecke in the blazon and it is different in several ways and doesn't
appear to be a conflict problem.

If I can resubmit the device as originally intended, that would certainly
be my first choice. If the change of position in the schnecke constitutes
a second change then it shouldn't have any further conflicts, right?
Otherwise I will probably end up adding a charge of some sort. Any other
bright ideas are certainly welcome. I need to get this into a pass-able
form and resubmitted before my time runs out.

Thank you for your assistance.

In Service
Lady Almaith ingen Chormaic

"Friends are family you choose for yourself"
Ceryndip at juno.com