ANSTHRLD - Re: change of position

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Jul 11 15:59:51 PDT 2000

> Azure, a schnecke issuant from a dexter base argent.
>
> The consulting herald who submitted it for me felt that it would conflict
> with this device registered in Jan of 97:
> Sable, a schnecke issuant from dexter chief argent.

The consulting herald was probably incorrect.
You have one CD for change of tincture to the field.  You have one CD for
change of posture of the schneke.
We can draw a corollary of difference using piles.  A pile issuant from dexter
base would get a CD from a pile issuant from dexter chief, provided the move
wasn't forced by something else in the design.  Since there's only the one
charge in this design, the CD is clearly there.
Now, if the schneke is part of a field division rather than a charge unto
itself, I would still argue that the difference between the registered device
and yours is a great as that between per saltire and quarterly, or gyronny,
each of which are granted difference from one another.

> If I can resubmit the device as originally intended, that would certainly
> be my first choice. If the change of position in the schnecke constitutes
> a second change then it shouldn't have any further conflicts, right?
> Otherwise I will probably end up adding a charge of some sort. Any other
> bright ideas are certainly welcome. I need to get this into a pass-able
> form and resubmitted before my time runs out.

I say you're clear.  I'm no complete authority, but I'd be willing to put up
a nice argument in your defense, and I think my arguments have merit.
Go for it.  It's great German armory!

- Teceangl
--
  "You say your fesse is gules? There are creams for that, you know..."
					     - Astrid Sigurdsdottir