ANSTHRLD - Germanic name sources

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Fri Jul 14 14:11:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/14/2000 1:13:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
rbculver at hotmail.com writes:

>  I can already recall seeing at least two Dietrich von X's
>  someplace.

There are more than that, but none of the registered ones are "Dietrich von
Waldorf" (as of 6/99.)

As of 6/99, we had no registrations of "Waldorf," although we have plenty of
"Wald+this'n'that" and "This'n'that+dorf."   So far as I know "Waldorf" would
translate as "forest village" (wald = forest, dorf = village, extra "d"
dropped when compound formed).  That is certainly a feasible concept, but I
don't have the resources to date the components or the construction.

Kathri