ANSTHRLD - Conflict checks please

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Sun Jul 2 15:21:24 PDT 2000

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Rod Jackson <culn97 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- tmcd at jump.net wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Rod Jackson wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, Master Daniel,
> > >
> > > I wrote that.  And...?
> >
> > (flustered) I have to answer "And?"?  (snipped)
>
> And...? Because that is all that I received of the message.  Was
> there more?

Yes.  I got a full copy back from the Ansteorran Heralds' list, so
I'll sent a new copy to you privily.  Anyone else missing it?

> P.S. What is an Arcuballista?

    arbalest [ME arblast, fr. OE, fr. OF arbaleste, fr. LL
    arcuballista, fr. L arcus 'bow' + ballista -- more at ARROW]:
    CROSSBOW; esp: a medieval military weapon with a steel bow used to
    throw balls, stones, and quarrels

    ballista [L. fr. (assumed) Gk ballist{e-}s, fr. ballein 'to throw'
    -- more at DEVIL]: an ancient military engine often in the form of
    a crossbow for hurling large missiles

says Merriam-Webster's Ninth New Collegiate.

Danielis Arcuballista, who likes to throw quarrels
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.