ANSTHRLD - questions...

Wendy Erisman wendye2 at admin.stedwards.edu
Wed Jul 5 09:01:14 PDT 2000

At 10:06 AM 7/5/00 -0500, Daniel wrote:
>Ah.  The one experience I had with the process was with the
>Tempio hootenanny, where in fact we *did* cover such a variety of
>topics and went thru some questions during and the rest at the
>end.

Actually, that was a warrenting class, which is required for local heralds
and covers more about office procedure than heraldic knowledge.

It seems to me that having a PE class doesn't make much sense because those
who seek that status will most likely have learned the material already.
The PE test is just to confirm that they know enough about heraldry and the
SCA rules to be off consulting on their own. In addition, the kind of
classes that would be useful to a prospective PE are those we should be
holding at regional or kingdom heraldic symposia.

Let's not, under any circumstances, add any more bureaucratic hurdles that
might keep us from recruiting more active heralds.

							Gwenllian

HL Gwenllian ferch Maredudd, Armillary Herald
Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra