ANSTHRLD - Translation Help

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Jul 10 13:52:09 PDT 2000

>The household  name is (in English) House Sleeping Bear.  I have been using
>House Ursa Dormant.   The feminine bear is important  since last I looked I
>had all the appropriate parts for said gender.

I can't help with the translation, but I have documentation of <Ursi> being
used in a sign name.  It's in my article at:

http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/mari/inn/

I don't have any documentation for <sleeping> used in a sign name.  Does
anyone else out there?

When submitting a household name, you will want to provide documentation
that the name being submitted follows an acceptable pattern for a household
name.  The Rules for Submission include examples of some types of
acceptable forms.  That section can be accessed at:

http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html#Name_Grammar_and_Syntax

Mari