ANSTHRLD - Germanic name sources

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:49:44 PDT 2000

  There's nothing that
>says that you can't just register a badge and use it in device-
>like ways.  Arms per se didn't even exist before the mid-1100s,
>so you're either being anachronistic, or trying to do something
>authentic for pre-Conquest while fitting into the SCA armory rules,
>(and thus compromising), or something of that ilk.

  A point well made.   Perhaps I should go with my original plan and just
draw and quarter a Tickle-Me Elmo to my shield thus a guarantee my shield
will get hit first.  Or else: Sable, a man argent voided. Chalk outlines are
period, right? :)

   Well if anyone is going to be at Coronation, we can discuss "creativity"
there.  I will be the ugly one in the red tunic and black pants (that should
narrow it down).

Cyniric