ANSTHRLD - Germanic name sources

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Mon Jul 17 20:21:34 PDT 2000

>Perhaps I should go with my original plan and just draw and quarter
>a Tickle-Me Elmo

[There is a brief pause while Etienne runs screaming from the room...
He's shouting something about the second sign of the coming of the
Shoggoths...]

>to my shield thus a guarantee my shield will get hit first.  Or
>else: Sable, a man argent voided. Chalk outlines are period, right?
>:)

[Etienne is back and still sane.]  Actually, no.  SCA heraldry limits
outlines, or voided charges, to basic simple geometric shapes.  It
has been argued that if it were not already grandfathered, a voided
Ansteorran mullet (star) would not be acceptable now.  If you are
going to outline, stay very simple.

>Well if anyone is going to be at Coronation, we can discuss
>"creativity" there.  I will be the ugly one in the red tunic and
>black pants (that should narrow it down).

Rosamund and I will not be at Coronation this time.  Hope you all have fun.

Etienne