ANSTHRLD - Name Check Please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jul 26 21:41:52 PDT 2000

> > Ack!  Nonononononono!  Pick one heraldic style and stick with
> > it.
>
> (You seem a little testy today, Tec.  Hmmm.  Is "testy" the male
> equivalent of "hysteria"?  Sorry.  Latin and Greek etymology
> joke, very feeble.)

<THWACK>
I was just envisioning a tyger between Trousers of Nobility and on a
chief the phases of the moon...

>     Or, a fess vert between two chevrons sable.
> That's
>
>    /\
>   /  \
>   ====
>    /\
>   /  \

Ohhhhh.  Cool!

> I've become more enamored of playing with tinctures of groups,
> after seeing a few period examples.  You could take a leaf
> (sorry) from Brabant and do
>     Or, in bend two maple leaves sable, in bend sinister
>     two more vert.
> That's
>
>      black      green
>

>      green      black

That's cool, too, and also clear by my check.

> (Green is pretty rare in armory, maybe about 1% of all coats.)

But when used, it was either a field tincture of that of the
primary charge.  Don't tuck it into a corner if you must use it,
use it in a correct period manner.

- Teceangl
--
       Teclexia - the inability to type, write, or spell "Teceangl"