ANSTHRLD - question

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 14 19:43:29 PDT 2000

Clare here with a question:

Alaric Styrr is thinking about changing his device.  Not only is the blazon
stupid and poorly done but he'd like to remove the mullets if possible and
if something has to be added then maybe a bordure.  His device was
registered in the Middle and the registering herald  was not in any
coherent frame of mind (see Blazon below).  My question and his.... is
would it be possible to remove the mullets, leave just the wyvern or do you
have some other suggestions as to what could be used instead to modify the
blazon to a more acceptible form.  he's attempting to adjust the device so
that it can be used for both his personas.

Blazon:  Purpure, a wyvern statant, wings displayed argent, charged on each
wing with a mullet sable.

Thanks... I'm not familar with the new rules so let me know...