ANSTHRLD - Name Submission inquiry (Katla)

Sara L Friedemann sfriedemann at students.wisc.edu
Tue May 2 19:06:14 PDT 2000

> Katla - Geirr Bassi, p. 12 shows this spelling as a feminine given name.
>
> No photocopies, little if any room for debate, Done! Aryanhwy merch
Catmael,
> mka Sara L. Friedemann, who subscribes to this list IIRC, will not be

Yup, that's me!

> offended that we quote Geirr Bassi's book instead of her URL.

Not at all.  And thanks for the tip-off about the dates.  I should put
something in the introduction that gives a general grasp of when the
Landnamabok events occured, and when the document was actually written.

> (Love you,
> Aryanhwy, but after 16 months of typing URLs into the ILOI from hardcopy
> submission forms I DON'T love URLs.)

I'm sure I'll get a taste of that for myself in the coming months as I start
typing up ELoIs...

> The only question is whether to capitalize the byname.  Geirr Bassi does
not,
> so I believe it is more authentic to leave it lowercase (although

It's pretty much up to your choice for Old Norse--sometimes, it was,
sometimes it wasn't.  Whichever your submitter prefers should be passible.

-Aryanhwy

--
Sara L. Friedemann * http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~sfriedemann