ANSTHRLD - Need some help conflict checking

Brent Ryder bryder at compucom.com
Tue Nov 28 10:06:17 PST 2000

>1)  Device:  field azure, with a rapier and sewing needle (with the thread) >crossed at the top and a dragonfly (the main item) underneath, all argent.

Is the rapier point up or down? I am assuming point up and the point is crossed near the eye of the needle.

What position is the dragonfly in? With the wings spread so we are looking down at it's back (tergiant) or a side view?

>2)  Badge:  an inverted pile 'V' argent and azure, with a dragonfly on the >pile (in azure) and a flur-de-lys on either side in argent.

OK, is the point of the pile up or down? What position is the dragonfly in (see above)?

The coloring would be counterchanged for the charges

>3)  Device:  a sleeping polor bear on a blue field. (any suggestions would >be appreciated).

Which way is the bear facing? default is the the left as you are looking at the shield:

Azure, a Polar Bear dormant argent.

This would make sort of a white lump in the middle of the shield and would be indistinguishable from msot other creaturse and other things like rocks.

>4)  Badge:  a dragon passant coward azure.

There is a recent submission for a very similar badge for Aileen Gunn. I tried to get it in this position (facing to the left) but found a conflict then so had to turn it around. This is most likely a conflict, but I do not have the time to check it right now.

Borek, Star