ANSTHRLD - Conflict Checktmcd

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Oct 19 07:50:59 PDT 2000

> There has been debate on that issue, I think on the SCA Heralds' list.
> Teceangl says that there's clearly a CD between the two.  Rouland
> Carre says that there is likely no CD between them, because they're
> quite close visually.  I concur with Rouland.  Also, Rouland has more
> experience in the SCA-wide College of Arms, and is a pretty good
> predictor of Laurel results.

Note that the underlying guideline here is "when in doubt, side with the
most experienced".  I concur, and bow to Rouland's expertise.
If I come up against one of the `respected authorities' (if you don't know
who these are, don't worry - you'll learn over time) in a disagreement, I
back down if they present a good argument using their experience as a back up.
This doesn't mean I always back down!  Sometimes, we're all wrong.  :)

- Teceangl
--
     To heck with a self-cleaning oven; I want a self-cleaning fish.