ANSTHRLD - Name Documentation Request - HRH Saereid Sigmundsdottir

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 13:34:42 PDT 2000

It's amazing what the occasional websearch can come up with.  Searching
Yahoo on Humlung I found the page :

The First Lay of Helgi Hjorvarthsson
http://www.angelfire.com/on/Wodensharrow/helgi.html

There-in you will find this poem again, with the name of the
wife as S{ae}reith.  This translation is taken from "The Poetic Edda"
which is cited as :

The Poetic Edda
Translated by Lee M Hollander © 1962
ISBN 0-292-76499-5
LCCCN 61-10045
Fifth paperback printing 1994
University of Texas Press
Box 7819, Austin, Texas, 78713-7819

While this is still a 'translated' source for these poems the pages
contain rather extensive notes on sources, and uses a non-anglicized
character set for all names, which speaks in it's favor I think.

Timothy of Glastonbury