ANSTHRLD - Conflict Checktmcd

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:06:03 PDT 2000

Daniel wrote:
>Etienne:
>>  Per pale Or and purpure, a tierce sable.
>
>Registerable, barring conflict, but tierces are pretty uncommon in the
>SCA and in period.

Cahira has been looking for field only divisions.  The tierce crossed
my mind because it is period (though rare) and if there are no other
charges it will look like field only work to the uninitiated.

>  > Per fess Or and purpure, a canton sable.
>
>Registerable.  Even though the canton usually doesn't touch the
>per-fess line (tho in early period, canton and quarter were somewhat
>interchangable), you don't think people will think of a flag?

It does look flag-like.  But then my perceptions are prejudiced
because the US flag has a canton in upper left.  She could use a
canton sinister and place it in the upper sinister corner.  That's
still flag-like but not like ours.

As a final set of suggestions...  way back when this discussion
started Cahira was using the word chevron.
Per pale sable and purpure a chevron Or.
Per fess sable and purpure a chevron Or.

I'll try to conflict check tonight.  My guess is that these last two
suggestions will have more conflicts than  the tierce though.

Etienne