[ANSTHRLD] Audette des Grenouilles

Ray Smith rayasmith at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 20:30:24 PDT 2001

Greetings.
I have a client who is interested in registering the
name "Audette des Grenouilles" (French, "Audette of
the Frogs").
I have two questions about the registerability of this
name.
1st: is this naming style legal under RfS III.2.a.vi.
(" a byname may be a sentence, oath, or phrase name)?
2nd (and this, I think, is not very likely but it was
the first thing that came to mind when I heard the
name): Does this fall under I.2: offensive name ("No
name or armory will be registered that may be
offensive to a significant segment of the Society or
the general population") and/or IV.3 ("Stereotypical
Names - Allusions to derogatory ethnic, racial, or
sexual stereotypes will not be registered), seeing as
how "frog" is sometimes used as a derogatory term for
a Frenchman?

Andrè de Chartres

=====
"Everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world." - T.L. Ranger