[ANSTHRLD] Key Connor - device

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Sun Aug 12 22:03:49 PDT 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Ray Smith <rayasmith at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's past my bedtime, but let me see if I'm
> understanding correctly: if somebody from An Tir or
> Drachenwald wanted the mullet five-and-five sable on
> or, no problem.

Or any other tincture combination, for that matter.

E.g. 11/93:

    al-Barran, Barony of.  Name and badge for Order of the Heart of
    the Scorpion of al-Barran.  [Fieldless] A scorpion Or charged with
    a mullet of five greater and five lesser points gules.

> But if an Ansteorran wanted it, it's likely to get returned but
> would be registered upon appeal to Laurel?

No.  The historical note I snipped was that there was a return policy
long ago.

Let me rephrase: Even if Ansteorra were to return such armory for
using an Ansteorran widget, and I don't think that that's been done
for several SCA generations, it would be futile: the submitter could
simply appeal it instantly and Laurel would register it.

E.g. 5/00:

    Armando de la Cabanna. Device. Sable, a double-bitted axe and on a
    chief Or a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable.

It was from Ansteorra (to be precise: Armando, the Cabana Boy of the
Steppes), and there was no sign that Ansteorra hindered it in any
way.  That is, the LoAR doesn't say "Appeal from kingdom" or
anything.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;