[ANSTHRLD] question about "in saltire"

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Aug 22 01:39:10 PDT 2001

> So here's an esoteric question for you armory heralds.
>  If I have two non-identical things in saltire, how do
> I (or indeed, can I) specify which goes where?  In
> other words, which overlaps the other and in what
> order?

Conventionally, the first-named thingy is flat on the field and
in bend, the second-named thingy is on top in bend sinister.

So you take a sword:
and a bow:

blazon it as "a sword and a bow in saltire" and you get:

                        S   B
			 S B
			 B S
			B   S

And that's no BS.  :)
At least, that's how I learned it.

- Teceangl
--
                Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Use an egg box like everyone else and stop being such a poser.